Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Show me how to love like you, have loved me..."

Hey there!

It's been an interesting time here so far in the rural parts of Chiang Rai. Plenty has happened and I have learned much. First off, shout out to my fellow EPIC CPPers. I hope all is well in your respective missions trips. Or at least I hope your summer has been productive.

Teaching English to 11th graders has been fun. Despite only being able to see them 3 times up to Wednesday, they've been well behaved and listened to us, their teachers.

Regarding the title though... as a side project, in the evenings we've been teaching the younger kids at the nearby Chinese school. We've been switching up the grades and today Doris and I got these little demonic 2nd graders. Super difficult and frustrating, the only keeping me from smacking some kids was the bridge of Hosanna... "show me how to love like you, have loved me..." perhaps its all worth it to have Making Melodies ingrained in their minds thanks to Justin. Only time tells...

on a side note, matt, stu, caleb and I had a pretty cool jam session in the afternoon. Matt on guitar, Stu, Caleb and myself rapping/percussion. It caught the orphans attentions, so it was fun.

There's plenty more fight in me to face these upcoming thailand days. Peace out

-Josh

1 comment:

  1. Josh, we'll be praying for extreme patience for you and Auntie Doris. The wonderful kids that you have the priviledge of working worth are still "work in progress" and very much loved by God. So thanksful that our Lord is giving you a heart of compassion. -- Auntie Pat & Uncle Harry

    ReplyDelete